The exploitation of local tourist objects must be based on health protocols

JAKARTA, Bisniswisata.co.id: Tourism and Creative Economy Minister / Head of Tourism and Creative Economy Agency Sandiaga Salahuddin Uno reminded people to learn from last year’s homecoming experiences and Nataru (Christmas and New Years). The number of increased cases (COVID-19) during the return to Eid increased by 94% and during Nataru’s vacation it reached 70%.

Therefore, the exploitation of local tourist objects within their respective agglomerations amid the ban on returning home still has to implement a disciplined and strict health protocol.

“The government is not allowing the community to go home during the Lebaran 2021 vacation. The ban on going home is being enforced to prevent the spread and increase in COVID-19 cases in the country,” Menparekraf Sandiaga Salahuddin Uno said during a weekly press briefing at Sapta Pesona Building, Kemenparekraf office, Jakarta, Monday (4/19/2021)

According to him, to occupy the community’s vacations when going home is prohibited, local tourist objects are allowed to operate with strict sanitary protocols. Sandiaga enlisted the help of the media team so that he could convey a message to the public to comply and abide by government regulations regarding the ban on returning to his home.

“The media are expected to be able to convey to the wider community that the government’s decision to eliminate homecoming must be respected and obeyed. Learning from the experiences of returning home last year and Nataru (Christmas and New Years), the number of cases has increased (COCOVID-19 is on the rise, “he said.

Then linked to local tourism, Sandiaga Uno continued, the Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy ensured that local tourism was ready to apply strict and disciplined protocols. It also continues to coordinate with local governments to ensure proper implementation of micro-scale PPKMs, such as limiting tourist capacity to the opening hours of the destination, this is to anticipate the mobility of the community. because they are not going home during Eid 2021.

“We have to anticipate the community when we spend time on Lebaran vacation. “The final decision rests with the local government and the local COVID-19 task force, if there is an increase in the number of COVID-19 in the region, the decision to close tourist destinations is in the hands of the region” , he said.

In addition, Menparekraf Sandiaga Uno also responded if the ACT implementation plan in Bali in June-July 2021 is still going according to plan. His party continues to monitor, assess and encourage the acceleration of vaccination in Bali, which aims to have 2 million Balinese vaccinated with COVID-19 by mid-2021.

“As indicated by the president, Bali has been given priority for vaccination because Bali is very dependent on the tourism sector. Alhamdulillah, the availability of this dose of vaccine is now no longer available and now the vaccinator needs to be prepared, ”he said.

Sandiaga said the vaccination carried out in Bali was one of the government’s efforts to provide a sense of security and comfort for tourists in their favorite destinations.

“If the vaccination has been carried out, it means that there is a feeling of safety and comfort for the tourists. Advances in vaccination will certainly give new enthusiasm to those involved in tourism and the creative economy in Bali, ”he said.

Check Also

11.8 million catering boxes enjoyed by Indonesian pilgrims in a month of hajj operations: Okezone Haji

MAKKAH – Operations for the Hajj pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia have been going on for …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *