Explosion targeting Kabul schools kills 40

Kabul (medialnews) – Several explosions targeted a school in the Afghan capital, Kabul on Saturday, killing at least 40 people and injuring dozens more, mostly students, a senior Interior Ministry official said .

The senior Interior Ministry official told Reuters on condition of anonymity that most of the victims were students who had dropped out of Sayed ul Shuhada school.

Afghan Interior Ministry spokesman Tariq Arian said the death toll was at least 25, but he did not explain the cause or target of the blast.

Meanwhile, Afghan Ministry of Health spokesman Ghulam Dastagir Nazari said 46 people have been admitted to hospital so far.

Kabul has been on high alert since Washington last month announced its intention to withdraw all U.S. troops by September 11.

Read also: Clashes, explosions multiply across Afghanistan

Afghan officials say the Taliban have stepped up their attacks across the country.

Neither group has claimed responsibility for the explosive attack that took place on Saturday.

Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid denied his group’s involvement and condemned the incident.

The explosion occurred in the western part of Kabul, in a Shia Muslim neighborhood that has been regularly attacked by ISIS militants for years.

Sayed ul Shuhada School is a joint secondary school for girls and boys, which studies in three shifts, the second of which is for female students, education ministry spokeswoman Najiba Arian told Reuters.

Most of those injured in the blast were students, he said.

“This horrific attack on the Dasht-i Barchi area of ​​Kabul is a despicable act of terrorism. Primarily targeting students in girls’ schools makes it an attack on the future of Afghanistan,” the mission said. EU in Afghanistan on Twitter.

Source: Reuters

Best of all, this article was originally published in Indonesian.Also read: Explosions during Friday prayers at Kabul mosque killed a number of people

Read also: The vice-governor of Kabul was killed by a bomb planted in a car

Translator: Azis Kurmala
Editor: Yuni Arisandy Sinaga
COPYRIGHT © BETWEEN 2021

Check Also

Prevent online gambling practices, the Ministry of Communications and Information does this routinely

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta – The Ministry of Communications and Informatics or Kemenkominfo has started launching SMS …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *