Defeat 10 PSG players again, City reach inaugural Champions League final

Jakarta (medialnews) – Manchester City reached their first Champions League final after defeating Paris Saint-Germain, who again had to end a 10-man game, with a 2-0 score in the semi-final second leg. Etihad Stadium, Manchester, England, Tuesday local time (Wednesday WIB).

Riyad Mahrez, who scored in the first leg, once again showed his finesse by redeeming two of City’s winning goals in this second leg.

The result saw CIty advance to the Champions League final with an aggregate 4-1 victory over PSG, according to the UEFA official website notes.

This is the first time Pep Guardiola has been able to deliver City to a Champions League final since arriving in 2016, as well as the first European citizens ‘final after winning the 1969 Cup Winners’ Cup / 70.

Also read: Believe in yourself, Guardiola’s message to his players

Although snow covered part of Etihad’s pitch, the game was heated from the start and referee Bjorn Kuipers pointed out the place of Olexander Zinchenko’s alleged handball in the city’s penalty area at the sixth minute.

However, the decision was immediately overturned after the Dutch referee was instructed by VAR to review the replay on the sidelines and found that the ball had indeed touched Zinchenko’s shoulder.

Ironically for PSG, moments later Zinchenko became an important player for City who opened the scoring through Mahrez in the 11th minute.

Receiving a long pass from goalkeeper Ederson Moraes, Zinchenko quickly passed it on to Kevin de Bruyne and when the Belgian Legion’s shot was cleared by Marquinhos, Mahrez was able to catch the bouncing ball, which pushed him into the goal of the PSG beyond the legs of Presnel Kimpembe. and goalkeeper Keylor Navas.

Also read: Manchester City won’t play second leg against PSG

PSG almost gave an instant response in the 17th minute through Marquinhos, who also scored in the first leg, unfortunately the head of the Parisian captain hit the crossbar.

Two minutes later Bernardo Silva almost made a fatal mistake failing to control Ederson’s rushed pass and the ball was snatched by Angel Di Maria, luckily for the hosts, the Argentina winger’s shot was narrowly on the side of the net.

City chose to play relatively passively as they had the advantage and relied on counterattacks while reducing PSG’s efforts.

In the second minute of first-half stoppage time, Mahrez nearly doubled City’s lead with a stab from the right, but Navas cleared his pitch, forcing the first half to stay 1-0 for the hosts.

Then comes the second half.

Journalist: Gilang Galiartha
Editor: Junaydi Suswanto

Check Also

Rain is forecast to fall in several parts of Indonesia today

Umbrella motorcycle taxi service vendors sell motorcycle taxi services to office workers in Jakarta, Wednesday …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *